[amibroker] Re: Is it good practice to break a huge afl script to many include files?

 

The following may be obvious to some of you but may be useful for those just starting to use include files.

If you use many include files it can be difficult to find functions or variables. This can be made a snap if you give structure to the names of your include files.For example, I name my include files like so:

VTDash-08-TWS.afl
VTDash-08-ButtonLayout.afl
VTDash-08-Chart.afl
etc.

The first part is my project name, the number part is my revision number, the last part is a descriptive name for my include file. You'll get the picture.

This allows me to use 'Find in files' and restrict the search to the current revision of the project I am working on. For example the following search will give me a nice listing of where I used ChartID. This is a great way to find/rename variables that are used in several include file.



Happy trading,
Herman

__._,_.___

Posted by: psytek@bell.net
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (12)
**** IMPORTANT PLEASE READ ****
This group is for the discussion between users only.
This is *NOT* technical support channel.

TO GET TECHNICAL SUPPORT send an e-mail directly to
SUPPORT {at} amibroker.com

TO SUBMIT SUGGESTIONS please use FEEDBACK CENTER at
http://www.amibroker.com/feedback/
(submissions sent via other channels won't be considered)

For NEW RELEASE ANNOUNCEMENTS and other news always check DEVLOG:
http://www.amibroker.com/devlog/


.

__,_._,___


EmoticonEmoticon