[amibroker] Anyone with IQFeed?

 

Need help, getting frustrated trying to babysit data. Reasons for IQfeed vs Norgate. I like IQFeed for the option of intraday as well as the range of markets it has since I'm also Canadian.

I can't seem to figure out how to make sure I'm getting the right data.

Right now I e-mailed support but it'll be Monday before a response and I'm kind of frustrated as I seem to have these issues that no one else has, or theirs a small IQFeed database on amibroker.

Just noticed today that my database got buggered up the past 10 days or so, (haven't traded due to busy schedule with first week back at work and vacation before). Flipping thorugh charts, notice its showing AMZN up today and I knew it was down due to its earning release, forced a backfill and a bunch of bars in the past 10-15 days changed around. Tried this with several symbols and basically almost every symbol in my database has some amount of bars that are off.

This has never happened before, I am aware of an issue with myself using a EOD database as IQFeed provides split adjusted EOD but using a intraday database the Daily bars end up with splits since their intraday is non adjusted. So I run EOD database at end of day and intraday during the day its a solution that works I guess.

So when looking at EOD, only thing I can think of is that its saving the last data I request and since the EOD has no timestamps for Amibroker to decipher trading hours and non-trading hours, the last bar will adjust itself and show the afterhours price on the close. The next day , the previous bar adjust itself to the official close and all is good, normally.

Reason I think its something to do with last data I receive and some sort of window is my canadian database I look at daily has bad bars in the whole database on the 19th. The 19th I ran a scan, closed amibroker, didn't look at it until the 21st as I was flying the 20th. Everything backfilled and charts looked normal. So now I have two databases that have all kinds of weird opens and closes and can't seem to find a way to just get them all to force backfill and redownload themselves.

A) I'm worried about how often this is happening now,
B) Anyone ran into this before and maybe I'm missing something

I really enjoy and appreciate Amibroker, its an amazing piece of software but data integrity is more cruicial to myself and I'm a bit concerned now. Ideally I'd like to konw a way to just force a backfill and redownload. I thought it would since its requesting the data in the plugin it shows. I'd like to see adjusted closes and such download themselves but it seems to just add the most recent bar and ignore that I didn't see the full close the day before.

Esignal isn't an option as its about 3 times the price for way less symbols. IQFeed has the data but for some reason I'm doing something to cause the plug in to not work correctly or something else weird.

I've E-mailed support and don't think IQFeed could help me because they don't really develop plugins, just provide the API.

Just hoping someone has had this issue and knows a resolution. Just frustrating babysitting data, know this is part of the game sometimes but I'd rather do other things then try to figure out how screwed up my data is and how to make sure its staying up to date.


__._,_.___

Posted by: brandon.richard03@yahoo.com
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (1)
**** IMPORTANT PLEASE READ ****
This group is for the discussion between users only.
This is *NOT* technical support channel.

TO GET TECHNICAL SUPPORT send an e-mail directly to
SUPPORT {at} amibroker.com

TO SUBMIT SUGGESTIONS please use FEEDBACK CENTER at
http://www.amibroker.com/feedback/
(submissions sent via other channels won't be considered)

For NEW RELEASE ANNOUNCEMENTS and other news always check DEVLOG:
http://www.amibroker.com/devlog/


.

__,_._,___


EmoticonEmoticon